Wednesday, September 5, 2007

What Way of Knowing Should I Have Used to Assess Your Knowledge of Ways of Knowing?

Okay, you just finished a quiz that was part matching, part multiple choice, with a free response extra credit question. Supposedly that quiz allows me to know how well you understand the basic ways of knowing. It also provides me with evidence should anyone else want proof of my assessment that "Student A has a strong grasp of this material," or "Student B does not quite understand yet."

Was this the best way for me to know what I wanted to know about you? Why or why not? If not, what would have been a better way for me to get at this information about you?

Was this the best way for me to provide evidence for someone else wanting to know my justification for my assessment of you? Why or why not? If not, what would have been a better way of obtaining such evidence?

Should the need to provide evidence to outside inquirers, such as your parents, counsellors, college admission officers, etc., be a consideration as a teacher designs assessments for a class? Why or why not?

2 comments:

mns said...

Don't you have a class at 1:52 PM?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.