Sunday, March 2, 2008

Useless studies

I just read this and was reminded of our discussion of studies that do nothing but tell us things we already know. I thought I should share because it made me laugh:

"As if anyone needed to tell us this, MTV published an article earlier today about research concluding that the Harry Potter series can in fact be addicting. The story notes:In a just-finished study that's being submitted to the Journal of General Psychology, psych professor Dr. Jeffrey Rudski and two of his undergrad students at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, Pennsylvania, report that they found characteristics of addiction in at least 10 percent of the 4,000 Potter fans they polled online."

Like we couldn't see the addiction in the hundreds of kids (quite possibly including myself) that showed up at each bookstore at midnight dressed in wizarding robes every night a new book came out. ;]

No comments: