Tuesday, February 19, 2008

IB Criteria for TOK

This is a different kind of post, but as I shared with a few of you after class, the criteria with which I graded your ethics papers are new and they are tough. IB has certainly raised the bar. I spoke with another TOK teacher recently who said that she would have a hard time getting a perfect paper.

This was your first time to write a paper graded on these criteria. Don't sweat! :) I would suggest you go back through the criteria I gave you and see if you can understand why I gave you the points I did. If you can see it, with maybe a one point difference, then you are on the track to figuring out how to do better. On the other hand, if you thought you should have received a 9 and I gave you a 2, then we need to talk. In this case, go through your paper with four different colored highlighters, one for each criterion. Highlight the parts of your paper that you think correspond with the different criteria. That will give us something to talk about. I may agree with you. I could have missed something when I read, or misread something. On the other hand, if what you think counts for a particular criterion really doesn't, then we need to talk.

No comments: