Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Common Sense?

I wanted to answer one of Mr. Perkins questions from class about the strengths and weaknesses of common sense. I believe the class concluded that it's weakness is that common sense does have some exceptions. We also mentioned that one of its strengths was common sense is a good place to start to base your knowledge, when it is all you have. However that made me wonder, is there any situation in which our only way of knowing is common sense? It seemed that it was a controversial way to acquire knowlegde, so why is it used so often?

1 comment:

Magister P said...

Great question, Sarah. Why do I often take the long way to get from place A to B when I know a better way? I suppose it has to do with my comfort level and overall laziness. I am prone to use those things that work and that I am comfortable with, even if there are better ways. What do you think?